Welcome to Kidiotherapy!
Kidiotherapy is a physiotherapy service for children living in and around the Sutherland Shire and St George area of Sydney.
We aim to work closely with the family to set up a therapy program that can be incorporated into both the child's and family's daily routine. Kidiotherapy will try wherever possible to arrange an appointment that fit in with child's routines and family commitments, including weekend appointments where available. Where also indicated, preschool & school based visits can also be arranged.
Renee graduated from the University of Sydney in 1998 with a Bachelor of Applied Science Physiotherapy Class 1 Honours. Since 2001 Renee has worked solely in the area of Paediatric Physiotherapy. In that time she has worked in a variety of paediatric settings around Sydney as well as interstate. Some of the these include neonatal intensive care and developmental follow-up clinics, paediatric intensive care in a specialist children's hospital, general paediatric outpatients as well as community and rural physiotherapy for children with physical disabilities. Renee has worked with children with a wide variety of diagnosed and undiagnosed disabilities as well as children with common childhood developmental conditions.
Renee is a registered Physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, including the National Paediatric Physiotherapy Group. As a physiotherapist committed to professional education, Renee regularly attends professional development courses and participates in professional groups.
Kidiotherapy will provide assessments and interventions to children from infancy through to adolescents. We can provide services:
- in your home
- in your child's preschool/school setting
At Kidiotherapy we will:
- provide a comprehensive assessment of your child's motor abilities and discuss these with you
- formulate an intervention plan in consultation with you, based on the goals and aims you have for your child, along with our assessment findings
- provide intervention and home programs based on current practice and evidence
- continuously re-assess your child's status and progress their program appropriately
- work closely with parents and carers to assist in providing skills and confidence in caring for the physical needs of their child
Some of the conditions that may be seen at Kidiotherapy include:
- delayed acquisition of motor skills
- developmental delay
- cerebral palsy
- toe walking
- rehabilitation after surgery/injury
- muscular dystrophies & myopathies
- connective tissue disorders
Some of the treatments we can provide include:
- play based therapy to facilitate the acquisition of motor skills and abilities
- training in effective handling techniques to assist in you child's care
- stretches and strengthening exercises to maintain and/or improve muscle function
- gait education
- orthotics/splinting/casting advice
- equipment trials and advice
- provision of home exercise programs
- provision of school based therapy programs
- training for carers/teacher aids
A holistic approach to your child's therapy is important to us. We will make every effort to liaise with other health professionals and services involved with your child to maximise your child's potential.
You do not need a referral to access services through Kidiotherapy. If you are being referred to Kidiotherapy by a health professional, referrals can be sent via mail, email or handed directly to the Physiotherapist on the initial visit.
Fees will depend on the duration of the physiotherapy session. Please inquire for further information.
Payment is required either as a direct bank transfer prior to the session or as cash at the time of the session. An invoice will be provided for each session detailing fees and payment details to assist you with any health care claims.
Kidiotherapy is able to accept:
- Chronic Disease Management Plans
If your child has health needs in multiple areas they may be eligible for an Chronic Disease Management Plan. You can discuss this with your GP prior to starting with physiotherapy.
- Private Health Insurance
If you have a private health insurance fund you may be eligible for rebates depending on your fund and your level of insurance. We recommend you contact your private health fund to determine your eligibility. You will be provided with an invoice at each session with Kidiotherapy to assist you with accessing any rebates you may be eligible for.
- Better Start Funding
The Better start initiative provides funding for children with a disability to enable them to access early intervention services.